BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
• 24 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE.
• 72 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin E unless medically necessary.
• Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure.
• Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain.
• No waxing, tanning or tinting 3 days before.
• Arrive with no makeup for your appointment. A lot of wiping of pigment takes place and makeup can get ruined, so save yourself the hassle!
• Be prepared for your brows to look a little red and really dark! – don’t worry, they will fade in color 30-50%.
You are NOT a suitable candidate for this procedure if you are:
• History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
• Diabetic (require doctor’s clearance)
• Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
• Viral infections and/or diseases
• Pacemaker or major heart problems
• Organ transplant
• Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
• Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
• Accutane in the past year
• Heart conditions, Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure, Poor general health.
• Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system / healing would make you NOT a good candidate for micropigmentation procedures.
WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Microblading is the technique of applying pigment into the upper, superficial layer of the skin (dermis) to enhance or correct the symmetry and fullness of your eyebrows. Unlike traditional tattooing, which uses a machine, microblading artists hand draw each hair to match the color and coarseness of your eyebrows. This process creates a natural, semi-permanent result, imitating real hair strokes to create gorgeous, natural looking eyebrows.
WHAT IS MICROSHADING?
Microshading is the best of both worlds. It is a combination of Microblading and Ombre Powder where your brows are defined with a powdery effect, while having the look of hair strokes. It uses a combination of hand tools and machine. Results last longer than microblading.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
The pigment used in microblading is semi-permanent and can last between 1-3 years. The pigment will begin to fade within 12 months. In order to keep your brows looking fresh, a touch up is recommended every 12 months to 24 months maximum. After 2 years, full price for microblading will apply.
For clients that choose a softer look and lighter color shade initially or those who did not follow the after care instructions properly may require more frequent touch ups.
Factors that will cause your microbladed brow tattoo fade faster:
• Iron deficiency
• Sun exposure
• Strong immune systems
• Exposure to salt water
WHAT IS THE AFTERCARE?
You must avoid the sun, sweat, makeup, and water while your brows heal (at least 7 days). Stay away from chlorine, exfoliation creams, and sun exposure; they may cause the color of your brows to fade. We will provide you a complimentary bottle of after-care oil that is recommended you apply a small amount twice a day beginning 3 days post procedure.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO HEAL?
Your brows will look fabulous upon leaving your appointment, but the healing process will take approximately 7 days to complete, depending on how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates and new skin regrows to take its place. Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly or redden, some clients feel it best not to make social plans for a day or two following any procedure. you must be cautious to not get your brows wet and avoid exercise for the first several days. Final color results will be around the 5-6 mark.